What we do
Investment opportunities and your future potential in Tasmania
The Coordinator-General’s Office is the lead agency for investment attraction and is your first point of contact within the Tasmanian Government if you want to establish, relocate, diversify or expand your business in Tasmania. We specialise:
- helping link potential investors to local opportunities
- introducing local businesses who are looking for new investors
- showing global location consultants why Tasmania offers an unbeatable business location.
Coordinator-General’s Office services
Our specialist team will provide you with tailored, confidential assistance. We will refer you on to the right person to help fully explore your next steps by providing information and support with:
- connections with local industry associations and government departments
- information on business opportunities, investment regulations and government assistance
- insights on business costs, skills availability, taxation and research opportunities
- expert advice on Tasmania’s industry capabilities and strengths
- site visits to identify suitable locations in Tasmania for your business
- links with potential joint venture partners
- information on industry strategies
- assistance in accessing export markets.
Case management approach
Major projects will be appointed a case manager from the Office of the Coordinator-General. Our case management service can assist business and industry project proponents by convening a whole of government team with relevant expertise from the various agencies.
Projects which do not meet the criteria for Major Projects but are seeking assistance with their project will be referred to the relevant Client Services Team in the Department of State Growth.